There’s not much you can do with your garden without a high-quality garden hose. There are varieties of garden hoses on the market. The major types are expandable garden hose, plastic garden hose, metal garden hose and soaker garden hose. In this article, we will be comparing the pros and cons of expandable garden hose and metal garden hose. As well as the type of garden hose you should get.
1) Pros & Cons:
- Expandable garden hoses expand up to 3 times in length when the water is on, and when the water source is turned off, the hoses return to their original lengths. However, some expandable garden hoses fail to expand. (Rating: 3/5)
- Whereas metal garden hoses, the lengths are fixed. (Rating: 0/5)
- Winner: Expandable garden hoses
- 50 Feet Expandable garden hoses are weighed less than 2 pounds in general. (Rating: 5/5)
- 25 Feet Metal garden hoses are weighed less than 3 pounds. (Rating: 3.5/5)
- Winner: Expandable garden hoses.
- Due to the nature of expandable hose, expandable garden hoses are less likely to kink or tangle. (Rating: 5/5)
- As for metal garden hoses, poor quality metal garden hoses have much greater chances of kinking and tangling. However, with latest metal shell construction technology, high end metal garden hoses, such as Cesun Tech’s Metal Garden Hoses, don’t kink or tangle. (Rating: 4.5/5)
- Winner: Expandable garden hoses & HIGH-END Metal garden hoses.
- A lot of customers are complaining that expandable garden hoses don’t last very long. Little hit can cause problems. The expandable hoses can burst or leak. Customers are losing confidence due to those problems. (Rating: 2.5/5)
- Metal garden hose on the other hand, is protected by a stainless-steel shell that allows the hose working in danger zones like thorns. High end manufacturers claim that the metal garden hoses can withstand being run over by a vehicle or animal baits. (Rating: 5/5)
- Winner: Metal Garden Hose
- Expandable garden hoses require extra connectors for two hoses. (Rating: 0/5)
- Cesun Tech metal garden hoses do NOT require any connectors, two garden hoses can be connected via male&female fittings. (Rating: 5/5)
- Winner: Cesun Tech Metal Garden Hose
- Extended periods of direct sunlight and exposure to cold temperatures can damage the inner tubing of the hose causing premature wear and leaks. (Rating; 0/5)
- Metal garden hoses reflect the harmful UV and keep the hose a cooler touch feeling under sunlight. (Rating: 5/5)
- Winner: Metal Garden Hose
2) Overall Rating:
Metal Garden Hoses are known as durable, heavy-duty and good-looking hoses. They can be used in all weathers and places. They also keep a cooler touch feeling in summer.
Expandable garden hoses are more of a space saving and easy carrying hose. They are absolute kink-free, tangle free and the lightest garden hoses on market, however, they don’t last very long and leak more easily.
3) Why are Cesun Tech’s Garden Hoses the best?
- We use highest grade of 304 Stainless Steel.
- We develop and use the latest and most advanced stainless steel construction technology.
- We use the strongest and food-grade inner tube.
- We test each of the hose we deliver to eliminate the unpredictable quality failures.
- We offer a high pressure brass nozzle.
- 12 Month free replacement is guaranteed, but you would never need to use it.
Read metal garden hose in-depth review to learn more.